4.03.2011

Maggie-isms

Going to the zoo, even if it's the 1,000th time is exciting and there are always new things to see and animals that might be awake from the last time we were there! I don't know of a single child or adult for that matter who isn't interested, entertained or fascinated by at least one animal and for most it's probably several animals. I love taking my kiddo to the zoo because she enjoys it completely. Yes she absolutely has moments of panic. Yes she freaks out when I have to physically remove her from the area with the fish (usually a minor meltdown moment, until she sees the next animal) Yes other children and adults can be rude towards her and my thick skin can crumble BUT her joy and happiness is worth the difficult moments. But what I have failed to mention is that it's not just the animals that Maggie can get fixated on... More Unconditional features that the Zoo offers. There are sculptures in the water park area that she will touch and lick... she likes to lay down on the floor (that thousands have walked on) next to the tanks and glass barriers even if there are 20 people trying to get close. And she gets super focused on, to me some odd stuff, and on this particular day it was this lovely dead foliage...

I mean, the rest of the family is looking at these beautiful and entertaining Takin, a big cow type chinese animal, and she is touching, mouthing, stemming and getting worked up by this dead plant... Special
I never know what she will be fascinated by today or tomorrow. I only hope it's not something that will harm her. She has this strange fascination with the burner on our gas stove... Yeah that's fun. Not! Another post for another time . . .

No comments: