3.11.2011

Love

This afternoon I opened the Autism Awareness update and this is what I read:

Love is patient, love is kind.

It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered,

it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

-1st Corinthians 13:4-7

I wonder how the Apostle Paul would feel about his words on facebook...

As a parent I love my child unconditionally. As an OCD parent, I remind myself not to freak out when there is cereal all over my backseat. As a woman, I would love to shop and do my hair and go out and have fun but as a mom I put my child first and decide to put her to bed myself and then watch a movie on the couch in my PJ's. As a parent I see the blessing that my child has given me. The joy of her laugh. I try to be ever patient, ever understanding and always willing to give my all for her. I am far from perfect.

Sometimes I have no idea why my child is freaking out! Sometimes I feel hopeless. I have a feeling it's never going to change. I feel like I'm in an endless rut. Day after Day.

So to give me some perspective I think of Paul's friend Timothy.

"I have fought the fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

2 Timothy 4:7

It may not be perfect but I have faith in those who are helping us. I have confidence in those who have been educated to provide the most for my child. I have hope for the future. And at the end of the day it may not be the fairy tale I once dreamt but I do have a

true love






No comments: