1.29.2012

RIP Jack

It's never easy to lose a pet, especially when he was only 7 months old, just a puppy. On Friday January 27, I came home to find my dog was not in the backyard like he should be. I immediately was annoyed knowing he jumped the fence to chase a dog or squirrel. He had done this before but he came back or our nice neighbor brought him home. We searched for him and asked our neighbors but they hadn't seen him. The thought that came to mind was animal control picked him up and now I am going to have to pay to bail him out! But then a very sweet police officer called me and came to the house to talk with me. He informed me that Jack had been hit by a car in front of our house by an incredibly broken up distant neighbor who did the right thing and called the police department. I just lost it. Broke down in tears blaming myself for thinking about petty fees and that I was annoyed with his energy of jumping the fence and felt terrible that my puppy, all energy and sometimes annoying habits but incredibly sweet puppy, was now gone.
I took this picture last week.

No comments: