12.20.2010

Blizzard of 2010

Last Saturday Minnesota experienced it's 5th worst blizzard on record!
And luckily I was at home and didn't need to go out - I believe the final amount of snow fall in a 36 hour period was close to 30 inches. Crazy amounts of snow! It was unbelievable! We were supposed to have a big party at our house but we decided to post pone for obvious reasons. This is the view from our dining room towards what is normally the garden with a bench that is barely visible - thats how deep the snow is :(

But what to do when stuck in the house for 48 hours ? ? ?
BAKE :)
I made homemade rolls, guinness steak pie, and a coconut tart for our awesome neighbor who came over with his snowblower - I love Minnesota Nice especially during the winter!

Lemon Coconut Buttermilk Tart
This tart is a signature I make for friends and then it makes addicts out of even the most controllable of dessert consumers :) And our wonderful neighbor is no different he requested it for his birthday last year too - I was happy to oblige

No comments: